Saturday, June 09, 2007

Summer Days


HOT! HOT! HOT! These are words that mean something when you live in Florida in June. I am sitting at my kitchen window looking out at a yard in desperate need of mowing. I have a very good reason for not Mowing; the mower died and I am waiting for repairs to be done. Anyway even if I had access to the mower I am not sure I would be out in the 93 degree weather at nearly 7 p.m. mowing my yard! It is blazing HOT still.

This is accentuated by my sweet yellow lab Clay. I had to run to the store for a short time and I sent him out to the back yard. I would leave him in but he is not a trustworthy dog; he eats things. Upon my return I went to the back door and called for him to come in. He is always happy to see me and ran in. He proceeded to the cool tile of the kitchen floor and sprawled out on the tile to cool down. He truly looks as if he is trying to get every surface of his body spread out on the tile. I know animals can adapt to the heat, but He is spoiled by the air conditioning.

I had hoped that the heat would spawn one of those afternoon thundershowers. I checked the local weather and no such luck. It seems as though we will continue in the manner we started today HOT! HOT! HOT!