Monday, June 11, 2007

A Good Man and Marriage


I realized tonight that the world we live in is a vast and amazing place and I am but a moment in time. Many who know me, know that I am a believer. I have put my faith in Jesus Christ and trust that He will guide my paths. He is my Creator, redeemer and friend. I am blessed to have a wonderful family whom I love and friends I cherish with all my heart. Many know that I have spent years praying for a Good Man, and waiting. I thought I would never find that, but in God's infinite wisdom He blessed me with a wonderful man, Philip.

He is smart, funny and kind; steady in a crisis and strong in his beliefs. He is not pretentious or self righteous. He is a good man. I love him and he loves me. We are to be married. We did not quickly come to this conclusion, understanding that marriage is difficult and sometimes trying. We took our time getting to know each other, talking, making sure. Marriage is also rewarding and fulfilling. We both know the trials of being single parents. The difficulty of going it alone.

One of my dearest friends asks if I have searched God's will in this decision and I can wholeheartedly say YES! I have.