Friday, March 03, 2006

Time


Have you ever noticed that time is one of the few things in life we all have in common. We are on equal ground so to speak. Each having twenty four hours to live life in any way we see fit. Some fill up as many hours in the day possible. Some do as little as they can. You get no more, or no less than anyone else.

My grandson loves for me to sing him a song that goes:


Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky son of a gun, I work eight hours. I sleep eight hours. I save eight hours for fun!



In reality rarely is this true. I sleep around 5 or 6 hours each night and work around a 10 hour day, every day. That still leaves my eight hours of fun, right? Not exactly. I must drive in traffic...1.5 hours. I must cook and clean up each day...1.5 hours. I have to pick up around the house and pay bills and all the other things you do when you own a home....2 hours. So three hours of fun!!!! Wonder what I will do....? :)