Wednesday, February 22, 2006

48 YEARS OF WEDDED BLISS



February 25, 1958 my Parents, Connie and Jerry married. This photo of them was taken when they were dating, I assume in 1957, but it could very well be 1956. The story goes they were both working in the same building in downtown San Antonio, Texas. Mom in a Savings and Loan and Dad was a delivery boy for a Title company located in the same building. The were introduced by mutual friends and fell head over hills for each other and were married shortly thereafter.

My father was in the Air Force and was stationed at various places around Texas which is where my brother was born in 1959. My sister was born while Dad was in Korea in 1960, this would be a great place to put in the pictures my Dad took while stationed there, but they have all since been damaged by moisture. When Dad came back they were transferred to Ft. Walton Beach, Florida where I, the baby of the family was born.

What a blessing to basically marry at the brink of adulthood and stay married your entire adult life. They are still in love and it never ceases to amaze me how much love you see between the two of them on a regular basis. They are truly each others best friend. They have a respect for each other that is seldom seen in today's society. Growing up with them as parents, you knew they were united and they would never contradict each other. It brought a great deal of stability into my life as a child.

I look at my parents as an inspiration of what can be, if you can truly find someone who loves unconditionally and whole heartedly. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad, Thanks for always hanging in there through thick and thin and doing it so beautifully. I love you both!