Wednesday, December 14, 2005

My morning coffee

I love a good cup of coffee. I really like the taste of coffee, because I drink it bold and black. I would never dream of ruining a wonderful cup by loading it up with cream or even worse sugar! Each day I leave my house at 6:40 so that I can stop at the Starbucks up on the corner. I know exactly how long it will take to jump in the car, drive the mile or so up the road, park at the curb and run in, they know me there so I rarely have to order they see me and make me a cup right away.

I enter the store to be greeted by Sal, an elderly gentleman that spends his mornings sipping coffee, eating a huge sweet roll all the while saving the crumbs for the birds outside. Sal is the unofficial greeter. He has a warm smile, a quick "How ya doin this mornin" for each customer who enters. I don't believe my day would be complete if I did not see Sal each day!

Any way I fork over the $1.93 for the Venti, bold, black and drop the remaining 7 cents in the tip jar, then I am back in the car for the the short drive to the office. I arrive with a few minutes to spare and open up and sit down to enjoy that hot, steamy aromatic brew that helps me to start my day. Those who know me know it does not need to be morning for me to enjoy coffee, I will drink it any time of day. Although my morning coffee is my favorite.
Where's the Coffee?