Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year


Well after a few difficult days at the end of 2007; we welcome in 2008. Oh Philip and I did not celebrate with any fanfare. It was a simple quiet evening. Today I will go and spend time with my family down at Bill's. We will have our traditional fare of black eyed peas, collard greens ham and cornbread along with a few other delights. Philip has decided to stay home and prepare the yard for the upcoming freeze. We will have our first dose of cold weather the end of this week. He has spent so much time planting he wants to protect them all from the cold.


Well this year will be one much different that others. First, I am now sharing my life with a wonderful man whom I am blessed to call husband. Second, I am learning to be Mom from a distance. All of my children have now flown out of the nest. This is not an easy task for someone like me who loved being a stay at home Mom and took a great deal of pride in raising my children. However I look forward to becoming dear friends to my children and spoiling my grand babies...four now with one more on the way. Life is always changing and we can either change with it or grow bitter in defiance of it.


I am also returning to school this year. I hope to improve my knowledge in my chosen profession of education. Who knows I may even spread my wings a little and see new places. I am excited about what this year holds and I look forward to experiencing it with my love and my friend Philip. To all of my loved ones; may this year be the very best yet and may God bless you and keep you under his loving care. Happy New Year.