Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bellingrath Gardens, Mobile Alabama


Spring Break has been a long favorite of mine. It is not something most adults get to experience after college graduation unless of course you remain in the field of education. This is spring break in our school district but not in my grandson's over here in West Florida. So my time with him is limited, but not altogether off. I was able to spend Sunday with the kiddo's at the hands on science museum and then lunch at TGIFridays!

Philip and I decided to spend Saturday over at Bellingrath Gardens just southwest of Mobile Alabama. It was a relatively short drive from his home. We were more than a little surprised at how dismal a drive it was and began to wonder how anything of beauty would be found in this drab and dilapidated part of the country. Well to our surprise the gardens are quite lovely. We were able to walk through out the garden at our leisure. We did not take the home tour or the river cruise, but just walking throughout the gardens made for a very enjoyable day. We very much enjoyed this lovely group of young ladies, we called the Southern Belle's! They were dress in these beautiful pastel dresses and made themselves available for pictures, I just snaped a quick shot!

There were azalea's that towered over Philip's head and flowers of every color and variety. We even happened upon a snake crossing a walkway in the Japanese gardens. I don't think I will add this to my places to go to again, but all in all a very enjoyable day!