Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Welcome Clay


We have a new member to our family! His name is Clay because he is the color of yellow clay; with just a touch of red on his back. We took quite a trip to get him. My soon to be son in law Chris has family that lives in Whitehouse just about 10 miles out I 10. We were there a few weeks ago for a baby shower for Grace and saw the most precious puppies. Rachael and I decided we would like to have one so after a week and a half of trying to work out the details we headed out to Whitehouse to meet our new puppy. Meghan; Chris's cousin said, "It will be a little drive out there about 15 minutes". After about a 45 minute drive to Lawtey Florida we arrived at a trailer with 6 of the most adorable puppies I have seen, 2 yellow and 4 black. The Yellow labs were both males and one was extremely large. His brother Clay was smaller and a little more docile. We spent about half an hour playing with all the puppies and watching them. Finally Rachael said she liked the same one I liked and we had our puppy. We had mauled over many names...Sandy (my favorite) Whiskey (Rachael's favorite) Beau but on the drive home Rachael said, "you know Mom he looks like yellow clay" I thought it fit and we named him Clay.

We went to the store on the way home and retrieved all the needed items and made it home after 9:30 p.m. We gave him a flea bath and some water and showed him his create. He walked right in and we gave him a pig's ear. He whined a minute but after I covered the top of the crate with a towel he did great! Rachael has set her alarm to get up with him in the middle of the night so that we can get started on housebreaking. I will take better pictures in the morning.