Monday, April 17, 2006

Fear

How much of my life is ruled by fear? I care greatly what others think of me, I am a people pleaser. Which leads to a great deal of insecurity on my part. Sometimes I do nothing for fear of doing the wrong thing and appear apathetic to those who look to me for leadership. Sometimes I do to much because I want those around me to be comfortable and happy, even if it means I am not. I am obviously aware of my shortcomings but yet find no solution to this inadaquacy. I ask myself; "Are we to overcome our shortcomings or learn to survive in them?" I wish I knew.

I am still reading my book Captivating and finding so much to think through, I find glimpses of myself within its pages. I continue to find life's journey an exciting place and look forward to each new day.