Thursday, December 22, 2005

Birthday's


Another year older. Wiser? possibly, but more than likely not. What is it about a birthday that makes you reflect? I will celebrate my 44th birthday on December 21st. I can't believe I am 44, I don't feel 44, 34 maybe but not really. Life has a way of ticking by very fast. This picture is of my very first birthday. I have had a life well lived. I have experienced difficulties and heartaches, but I have had a really wonderful life. I was born to a family who loved me and did the very best they could for me as a child. My parents are truly amazing people who have instilled strong beliefs in their children. They taught us that nothing is worth doing, if not done well...no matter how small the task. I knew that my parents expected the best I had to give and I always tried to give that.

I married young and although my marriage ended in divorce, I would not change it. To do so would keep me from my precious children. They are by far the very best thing that came from the misery of that time in my life. Sometimes God allows us to grow through our circumstances, rather than taking us out of them. I think that although that part of my life was not the happiest it brought about the most growth.

Life after 40 has by far been my happiest. I have good friends, who give me joy by just being them! I have a love that far surpasses any I have ever known. I am happy; truly happy. I find great fulfillment in my job, but although I love what I do....it is those I love who mean the most... who make the days wonderful, and each year an exciting time to be alive. This birthday I celebrate my life and all those who make it so much fun....God Bless you all.

The happiest time of my adult life has been in the last years. I have come to know myself better than ever and accept me flaws and all. I have met friends that have enricheded my life to its fullest. I am so very blessed