Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Allen

Well hello! I have not written in many months. I said farewell to my brother and just could not write again. Alot has happened since that day. Just two days ago we celebrated the union of my sweet sister and Bill Corley. It was a joyous event and I have not seen my sister happier. I think these two will have a wonderful life together. It is interesting that Sheri chose to wed just 3 days before what would have been my brothers 50th birthday. It is as though we have a joyful event to help counter the bitterness of our loss. Time does heal and life goes on. I will always keep my brother and the memories close. I spent hours with my dearest childhood friends at the reception/party after the wedding laughing and reliving many childhood antics.

It is appropriate for us to celebrate Memorial Day today. I will take the opportunity to say Happy Birthday, Allen. You are missed and loved.