Thursday, July 05, 2007

Amazing Fourth



Yesterday was our nations birthday. It was a day with family, yummy food and fabulous fireworks. I have always loved the fourth of July and yesterday was no exception. We were able to cook out hamburgers on my Dad's new industial size grill. The rainy weather held off long enough for all the cooking to be complete. We then headed out to the beach. The drive to Bill's house took us over the intracoastal bridge where we had a 360 degree view of fireworks around the area. I suggested we pull over on top and just enjoy the view but was reminded that would be illegal. It is only a short walk from my Sister's boyfriends home; around 9:15 p.m. we headed out and merged in with his neighbors down the path to the beach.

Locals who must have a budget to purchase fireworks were already in high gear firing off bottle rockets that hung over head as we trekked down the path to the beach. In a few moments time we where standing facing the vast expanse of the Atlantic Ocean with fireworks going up from the pier to the right of us and the Navel Station to the left of us. It was a beautiful sight and one I will enjoy for years to come. I can honestly say this was probably one of the finest fourth's I have ever had.