Friday, January 05, 2007

A Very Happy New Year Indeed!


Christmas was a beautiful celebration of family and Christ's birth. We all enjoyed it. This was a fun and relaxing vacation from school. I headed to west Florida, Christmas afternoon to enjoy time with Jason, Ashley and the children, as well as Philip. His new house is just a short distance from Eglin AFB.

I spent time exploring the Emerald Coast as they call it over there. I am so grateful for the time I spent with all. We celebrated New Years day in the traditional way, black eyed peas, collard greens and corn bread! The twins and Ethan opted for chicken strips and biscuits. I guess you have to grow into tradition.

I am home and enjoying Vanessa, who is suffering her first cold and brochititis. She is improving under the watchful eye of her mama. I am sure it will not be her last illness but surly it is her most traumatic. I am headed back to work on Monday and will enjoy seeing all the children at school. I am also ready to get back on track and loose all the extra lbs! UGH

This is to be a very exciting and Happy New year indeed!