Saturday, January 20, 2007

Saturday's and Sunday's


I have grown accustomed to spending my weekends with Philip. We enjoy relaxing drives, quiet conversations and just each others company. I have grown to love it over the last two years with the short drive up 95 to SSI; but all things change.

I am now adjusting to Philip's move to a new town and the end of our weekends together. I will be the first to admit I don't adjust well to change. I may have over compensated by filling as much of my weekend with activity as humanly possible. There are still bits of time that I am alone, and things are quiet and I find myself wishing for the short drive up 95 and the quiet of the Sea Palms Condominiums and Philip. Oh we talk, our phone minutes ticking away as we discuss the weather, work, family and how much we miss each other; but it is not the same. It is not that comfortable side by side on the couch as we watch the playoffs; or the strong hand holding mine as we drive around town just taking in the sights....


Oh we will see each other and we will find time in a new place, a new way of doing things, but it is forever different. I will miss the way Saturday's and Sunday's use to be, but most of all I miss Philip.