Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Great Smokey Mountains



This spectacular view is from the Highlands Condominiums above Gatlingburg Tennessee. I have just returned from a wonderful and relaxing vacation. I love the mountains, they bring back wonderful childhood memories and all the fun we had camping there. This was far from a camping trip with all the conviences of a full kitchen, cable TV and a jacuzzi, but all the same I took that trip down memory lane.

Our vacation began with a meandering trip through south and central Georgia up into Alabama and then into the Tennessee Mountains. I enjoyed meeting some of Philip's family and seeing the little town where Philip spent a great deal of his childhood. We had a nice visit with Patrick and saw the falls in Gadsden. I had a wonderful time at Biltmore House in Ashville as well. I think by far it was the quiet views from the balcony I enjoyed most and the beauty of God's creation.