Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Life's ups and downs


We all experience them, however we still struggle when they come. We somehow think that life should be a continously positive journey. Struggles reveal character; and character is who we really are. I think lately I have experienced stuggles in abundance and I am not sure I like the character traits that have been revealed. I would love to be able to say that I am of strong, unquestionable character but in reality, I find myself lacking.

I remember years ago a friend told me she was going on a sabatical to sort out her life and I thought...why would anyone want to stop living to just go and think about it? I have now come to a place and an age where making the right choices seem more important than making quick choices. Sometimes we think we are where we have to be or for that matter where we want to be, just to realize we have made a mistake.

I have made many mistakes in my life but I do learn from them. I have always like the saying, "If you keep doing the same things you've always done, don't expect different results". There are no perfect people, I know that. We all are imperfect people in an imperfect world trying to make a difference. I feel a real contentment with my life, I know who I am and what I want and that brings a contentment. I know the ups and downs of life will keep on coming but that's ok. That's life.