Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Life as a door mat

Lately life keeps coming faster than I can keep up with and I feel like I am hanging on for dear life. Today was one of those days where I wish I could step out of my life and find a completely new one. I love my job...but occassionally things come up that cause a great deal of stress and frustration.

I am tired. Tired of conflict and confrontation. Tired of talking folks, who know little of which they speak. I am tired of the frustration of wanting someone to think and feel as I do. But mostly I am tired of being me.

That might sound like a pity party and possibly so, but it is how I am feeling and I refuse to deny it. I am one of those people who believe you should always think of others first; but the sad fact is that when you do that...rarely do others do the same for you. I feel foolish and somewhat naive. That old cliche "nice guys finish last" seems so true. I wonder how one becomes a strong assertive person without being self centered and mean? I no longer wish to be a door mat, but I can't seem to get up and walk away.